Admission of GATE qualified candidates :
- Candidates qualified in Engineering & Technology discipline are eligible to seek admission to VTU M.Tech. courses (under both Govt. and Management quota) and candidates qualified in Science discipline are not eligible to seek admission to VTU M.Tech courses (under both Govt. and Management quota)
- Entry level qualifications acquired through Distance Education mode are not considered for admission to M.Tech.
- Candidates passed the qualifying examination from Aeronautical Society of India and Associate Membership Examination of Institution of Electronic & Telecommunication (AMIET) not permitted to M.Tech.
For admission to Full time :
- Admission to M.Tech. course shall be open to candidates who have passed prescribed qualifying examination with not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate of all the semesters / years of the degree examination (cumulative sum of secured marks of all the semesters / years divided by the sum of maximum marks) However, in the case of candidates from Karnataka belonging to **SC/ST/Cat-I, marks shall not be less than 45%
Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Technology in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Science & engineering; AMIE in appropriate branch. GATE:CS