1) INAUGUARATION OF CLUB: RACE
Royal Association of Civil Engineers, Club of Department of Civil Engineering was inaugurated. The aim of the club is to bridge the gap between the Academics and the Industry. The club was inaugurated by Dr Ashwath Professor and Placement Officer of Bangalore Institute of Technology.
2 ) Visit to Sir. M. Visvesvaraya Rain Water Harvesting Theme Park in Jayanagar V Block, Bangalore.
IF AT ALL THERE IS A NEXT WORLD WAR.............., IT WILL BE FOR SHARING WATER.
The Students were taken to Sir.M.Visvesvaraya Rain Water Harvesting Theme Park located in Jayanagar ,V Block, Bangalore to create awareness about the importance of harvesting the rain water. The park showcases different types of rain water harvesting models, ranging from flat roof to sloped ones.
The various methods that can be employed to harvest the rain water were explained and working of the various units and methods were demonstrated.
3) Construction Project Site visit:
Tons and tons of theory is not equal to an ounce of practical.
The students were exposed to the system of Best Practices of construction adopted in the present day. Mantri Developers were kind enough to take our students around their well known Project MANTRI SERENITY. It is a cluster of high rise residential buildings with 14 floors under construction. The state of the art techniques employed by them for concreting, construction, masonry works, finishing works were explained.
4) Seminar on “Manufacturing of Cement” by ACC:
In association with the well known cement manufacturers of our country ACC, the Civil Engineering Department organised a Seminar to enlighten the students about the types of Cement, Manufacturing process and procedure involved.
5) Educational Tour conducted for IV Semester students.
As a part of curriculum, the students of IV Semester were taken on an educational tour to VARAHI UNDER GROUND HYDEL POWER PLANT, dam and reservoir.
6) ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON GIS Applications.
In association with the experts in GIS, M/s K cube consultants, Bangalore, one day workshop on GIS Application was conducted to give students introduction to GIS. Certificates distributed at the end of the program.
7) Seminar on FOSROC Products: Under PAP (Product awareness program)
FOSROC the leading water proofing experts, visited the college and gave a lecture on the products of FOSROC and their applications. The students were exposed to the various new products that are being used in the Industry.
8) Seminar on “Basics of Concrete”.
In association with ACC Ltd the leading Cement manufacturer of India, seminar conducted to give students insight in to the world of concrete. Lecture followed by video presentation, explaining the grades of cement, concrete manufacturing process etc.
9) The Joy of giving. Social Responsibility:
The Students visited nearby Government School, to create awareness for the kids about the importance of washing hands before eating. After a brief talk about the importance of washing hands before food, the students distributed soaps, books, pens and biscuits to the kids.
10) Training on using Total Station
Department procured a top end Total Station. The Teaching and Non Teaching Staff of the Department underwent a 3 day hands on training on use of Total Station.
11) Extensive Survey Camp for 5th Sem students. Extensive Survey Camp which is a part of the curriculum for the 6th sem was conducted at Sri Ghati Subramanya for 2 weeks. This Camp is of utmost importance to Civil Engineering students, The theory they have studied to be applied at the camp to prepare an Old Tank Project, New Tank Project report and drawings. Highway alignment, town planning and water supply scheme for a village.